Winter has finally given us something to complain about in Australia. It’s freezing in the mornings when we first wake up, with beautiful clear days during the day and cooler later in the evenings. Winter time we all try to find that warm spot in the sun and cuddle up on the couch with a blanket next to a warm fire or heater.
In the winter months, the temperature drops and we experience low humidity, cold winds, hot showers and using heaters more often which dry the skin out leaving it more prone to flaking, dry patches, and itchiness. Skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis are more prone to flare up as well.
The change of season can cause different skin conditions and the skin is more prone to redness, breakouts, dry patches and dullness.
It’s always a good idea to switch up your skin care routine in winter and add in some extra products to your routine to prevent any of these skin conditions.
Regular facials in winter will also help give your skin that little bit extra nourishment and hydration. Our favourites are microdermabrasion, LED Light Therapy and a series of peels are perfect for this time of year.
We love helping you achieve amazing results for your skin at home so the Stephanies Team has come up with 4 Winter must-haves that you can include into your normal skin care routine to give you the best results this winter. All 4 of these products are from CEO’s Stephanie Shepherd’s Bathroom.
Vitamin B also known as Niacinamide is a vital ingredient for the skin and suitable for all skin types. Synergie Skin’s Vitamin B serum is packed full of Vitamin B3 and B5 and can be used morning and evening after using a gentle cleanser and before applying your moisturiser.
There are many benefits to using Vitamin B every day in your skincare routine that will make you want to use this vitamin all year round.
-Strengthens the skin barrier
-Hydrates the skin by preventing transdermal water loss
-Prevents pigmentation from forming
-Is anti-inflammatory and very healing for breakouts
-Reduces redness in the skin
-Regulates oil flow
-Refines wrinkles and fine lines by stimulating collagen in the skin
More information online or purchase in one of our spa locations.
Synergie Skin has launched a new product just in time for Winter which is Dermiotic. We all know about probiotics and how important gut health is. Lately, there has been a lot of talk about the gut microbiome, but microbiomes also exist on the skin. The microbiome is part of helping the skin function properly from wound healing to immune skin protection.
The Dermiotic is a lightweight elixir enriched with pre and probiotics. The elixir is to be used as a substitute to a traditional toner. After cleansing your skin, apply 3-4 drops into your palm and gently pat into the face and neck. Apply your serums and moisturisers a few minutes after.
-Suitable for all skin types
-Restores skin barrier
-Enhances blood flow and oxygen to the skin
-Prevents skin inflammation by aggressors
-Reduces redness and irritation such as dry itchy skin
-Brightens and reduces dullness in the skin
-Reduces transdermal water loss and dermal damage to collagen fibres
-Skin is hydrated, firmer and stronger.
More information online or purchase in one of our spa locations.
A new skincare product to Payot’s Hydra 24+ Range is the Hydra 24+ Essence. Now you’re probably thinking what is an essence and why do I need it? Using an essence in your skin care routine will allow your serums and moisturisers to penetrate to those deeper layers of the skin, meaning you will use less product and get amazing results.
After cleansing the skin, apply the essence all over the face and neck followed by your day or night cream. The essence can also be massaged into the eye area followed by applying your favourite eye cream.
-Protects the skin again external aggressors
-Hydrates the skin by saturating skin cells
-Allows your serums and moisturisers to infuse deeper
-Less product usage of your serum and moisturisers
-Full with sodium hyaluronate which is a smaller molecule size of hyaluronic acid which can penetrate to the deeper layers of the skin
-Plumps the skin
Top Tip: keep the essence in your fridge for an ice-cube effect.
Buy online or in one of our spa locations.
Payot Hydra 24+ Levres
We all need a good lip balm in winter and Payot’s hydra 24+ Levres is perfect for those chapped lips. We love to think of this product as a lip treatment, not just a lip balm because it treats the dryness lips. After applying this lip balm your lips begin to heal, restore hydration, and the lips are protected.
This Lip Balm is enriched with shea butter and borage oil apply this lip treatment as often as you like.
-Restores lips moisture levels
-Soothes and protects the skin
-Allergen-Free and safe for sensitive lips
Buy online or in one of our spa locations here.
Top winter skincare and body tips you can do at home
1. Drink lots of water (yes I know we hear this all the time but repetition is key when it comes to drinking the good ‘ol’ H2O. Eat wholesome soups and drink warm teas to keep your body temp up.
2. Overly hot showers and washing your face with hot water are tempting but are drying on the skin. Switch between hot and warm while wallowing in the steamy goodness.
3. Foaming facial cleansers are fab, however, milk cleansers and creams are more nourishing avoiding the loss of important natural oils our skin naturally makes.
4. Apply Lip Balm daily – our lips are more prone to cracking and dryness with cold weather, using a lip balm daily will keep your lips protected and supple.
5. Your winter skin needs a little more of a boost in so include a face serum and mask into your skin routine! Those vitamin serums in your routine and a sleep mask will do your skin a world of good.
6. Gently exfoliate face and body (yes body) once to twice a week to remove dead skin cells, brighten the skin and allows your moisturisers to penetrate properly into the skin.
7. A night rich moisturiser. If you find your skin is drier in the winter use your summer moisturiser during the day, and changeup for a richer moisturiser at night. Thank you!
8. Hands are prone to dryness in the cooler months. Dry winter weather plus washing them quite often leads to eczema or dry spots. So, use a hand cream, and cuticle oil on your cuticles to keep everything nourished. Remember hand cream and cuticle oil.
9. Body Moisturiser is a no-brainer ~ just ensure you have a permanent supply of la Vie elixirs Lapis Body Creme (contains real lapis lazuli, say no more).
10. Wear Sunscreen daily! Even when it is cloudy or cold UVA rays still penetrate through the skin into our dermal layer causing premature ageing. Opt for a chemical-free sunscreen if you don’t like sunscreen, zinc oxide is amazing for the skin being inflammatory, healing and protecting from UV damage.
Stacey (Manager, Stephanies Urban Spa Bulimba) Top Product Pics for Winter Skin:
Synergie Hydrolock – an intense night hydration to nourish and protect dry, ageing skins. Rich and emollient but nongreasy. Key ingredients: Squalene, Organic Honey, Jasmine Flower Extract and Oat Beta Glucan. RRP: $115
Payot Nutricia Crème Comfort – Nourishing and Restructuring Cream – It’s smooth, creamy texture is suitable for dry skins to restore the barrier while protecting the skin against external aggression. Nongreasy film. Key ingredients: Shea Butter, Raspberry Seed Oil, Meadowfoam & Sweet Almond Oil . RRP: $140 > Buy online
BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES